Welcome to Mitchison Road Surgery Online
The purpose of our surgery website is to provide all of our patients with an up to date resource for all information relating to our practice. We will keep it current with any news, developments & details that are relevant to the practice & our patients.
As well as a source of information about our Practice, the staff & the services we provide, we hope you use the website as a useful resource with links to other reliable websites for health related information. If there is topical health information we will also add this to the website.
Have a look around our website or download our practice leaflet or the latest edition of our newsletter.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Reception and fill in 'Suggestion Box ' in the Practice.
OUR UPDATED PRACTICE LEAFLET ........
Practice Leaflet April 2015
PATIENT ACCESS:Please see our statement (below) of intent regarding online appointment booking, repeat prescriptions and access to electronic records.
Online Statement of Intent 26 09 2014
FUTURE OF MITCHISON ROAD SURGERY
UPDATE: BREAKING NEWS - result of the NHSE Consultation 2.06.15
- NHS England has decided that it is in the best interests of patients, for an NHS GP service to continue to be provided from the Mitchison Road premises.
- A new Provider Organisation will be recruited (procured) to take over running services from April 2016.
- In the meantime a Caretaker Organisation will run the practice from the 31.7.15.
- Existing patients will remain registered at Mitchison Road Surgery.
- NHS England is in the process of writing to all patients to provide formal notification of the decision and to share NHSE's responses to the questions that patients raised at the 2 consultation events.
- The current GPs will continue to provide services until 31.7.2015, after which the Caretaker will take over.
Dr Imogen Bloor Dr Natalie Jeffcote Dr Rathini Ratnavel
We, the Partners at Mitchison Road Surgery, resigned our GMS contract at the end of January 2015, and our last day will be 31 July 2015. The Partners took the difficult decision to resign following pressures around the lease of premises, retention and recruitment of clinical staff, finances and workload. We tried our utmost to find a way of continuing to provide high quality care to our patients, but we reached a point where we felt unable to take the practice forward.
NHS England, conducted a consultation with patients and other stakeholders to determine the best way to provide GP services for the patients after July 2015. Patients received letters asking for their responses. Two patient consultation meetings were held on 23 April at Harecourt United Reform Church, St Pauls Rd N1 2LR.
Healthwatch Islington can provide information about Health and Primary Care Services in Islington:
Phone: 020 7832 5814
(Site updated 02/06/2015)